• Follow us on -
Canadian Immigration Lawyers
Immigration Lawyers
Immigration Lawyer

Canadian Experience Class

If you have lived in Canada for some time as a worker and/or student and if you have the required Language skills and experience, then you might be eligible to apply for permanent residence.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced the following note:

“Note: A maximum of 12,000 applications accepted under the CEC

Between November 9, 2013 and October 31, 2014, CIC will accept a maximum of 12,000 complete applications under the Canadian Experience Class. Within this cap, there will be sub-caps of 200 applications for each National Occupational Classification B applications. You cannot use work experience in the following occupations to qualify for the CEC:

  • Cooks (NOC 6322)
  • Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
  • Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
  • Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
  • Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
  • Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)”

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
  • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).

To find out if you qualify, please contact us at : 403-261-6890 or email us at: info@hansen-company.com