Are you thinking of buying or selling your house? Perhaps you are obtaining a second mortgage or just wanting a Transfer of Land.
Our office will provide you with the advice and assistance with any or all of the above real estate transactions.
A: MATERIAL COSTS
Land Titles Registration Costs
- $1.00 per $5,000 on the total purchase price plus $35.00 – to register the Transfer of Land (paid by the Purchaser)
- $1.00 per $5,000 plus $15.00 on the mortgage amount only- to register the Mortgage (paid by the Purchaser)
- $2.00 for a Certified Copy of Title evidencing registration into the Purchaser’s name (paid by the Purchaser)
- $2.00 for fax confirmation from Land Titles Office (paid by the Purchaser)
- Real Property Report – if less than 10 years old – costs between $400.00 – $500.00 + GST. (Out of city property is usually higher) (paid by the Seller)
– OR –
Estoppel Certificate and Certificate of Insurance – costs between $150.00 – $200.00 (If the sale is a condominium) (paid by the Seller)
- City of Calgary Stamp of Compliance on the Real Property Report – $98.00 (Other municipalities have different fees) (paid by the Seller)
B. General Office Costs
These costs include the following:
- land title searches and tax search;
- obtaining tax certificates;
- photocopying and fax;
- long distance charges
- courier charges – (these will vary depending on the amount of time we have to close each transaction)
- These costs range from $150.00 – $200.00 + G.S.T. A slightly higher estimate is given, so there will be no surprises and the client will not be required to bring in an additional cheque.
- If there are several mortgages, caveats or other encumbrances registered on title that need to be discharged, the costs will increase.
- If a condominium is being purchased and there is a separate title to the parking stall, the Purchaser will incur additional land titles registration costs for the parking title.
Please be advised that when we estimate the above fees and disbursements, our office has not had an opportunity to review the file. As these are variances from one transaction to another, the prices may vary as well. You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
Telephone: (403) 261-6890
Toll Free: (800) 523-6162 (North America Only)
Fax: (403) 263-1632
Toll Free Fax: (877) 586-9325